Pages

Monday 3 April 2017

THE BODY SHOP MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK REVIEW|SWATCHES|PICTURES



 


Whosever said, one can never have enough lipsticks is legit true! Lipstick is one of the first makeup item most of us started to play with. Stealing mumma’s lipsticks, using them, praising ourselves while standing in front of the mirror is something of which we all are charged guilty. :p 

 
If you ask me MY favourite makeup item out of everything, it has to be lipsticks. Lipsticks can easily brighten up the day, makes you feel good from within and what not! I love collecting lipsticks, different shades, formulas, brands and I still have so many in my wish list! 

So, the Body Shop India introduced their matte liquid lipsticks on 11th March in collaboration with Jacqline Fernandes with several other products, and being a crazy lipstick hoarder I had to try it! 





PRICE AND AVAILABILITY:  Each lipstick tube retails for 695 INR with 8ML of product, which is an absolute bargain for a liquid lipstick here in India.


The brand launched 12 different shades which ranges from nudes, mauves, bright orange, hot reds, purple fuschia,deep wine. One for everyone! I picked up 3 shades from the range, 032 Windsor Rose, 034 Nairobi Camellia, 016 Tahiti Hibiscus. (P.S: I want to buy MOREEE shades from the range)
The lipstick comes in a standard high quality plastic tube, with a matte lid. The packaging reminds me so much of NYX and Miss Claire’s soft matte lip creams, but a longer version of it. 



The most impressive thing about this is it is 100% vegetarian, with no gluten or carmine.


Coming to the formula, OH MY GOD! I AM IN LOVEE!!! The lipsticks have a mousse-y texture, just like a cream, which glides on easily on the lips! It takes 3-5 to dry down completely matte, and trust me it’s gonna give the most gorgeous mattelicious lips ever! 
The wand of the lipstick is doe foot applicator and medium sized, which is perfect to covers the lips and even the corners very well.



The pigmentation on these lipsticks is amazing! The lighter shades in the range takes two coats to show up while only one swipe is enough for bright or deep shades!
As the texture is like a cream, lips don’t feel stretchy or dry or cracked. It does not crumble and is transfer proof.  Its light weight formula is a win-win for me! It glides on smooth on the lips and doesn’t crumble or flakes.




My experience with these turned out amazing! I tested them for twelve hours to see what all it is compatible with. I ate, drank, slept, and went out; I did everything to test them out! Once they dried down, I didn’t feel I have anything on my lips. I literally cross checked multiple times in the mirror to confirm that I have lipstick on my lips. The lipsticks stayed for good 6 hours and started to fade from the inner lips afterwards.  

 



Windsor Rose, is a brown-y nude, mostly on a nude side and I feel this is one of THE perfect nude for Indian skin tone. For someone, who doesn’t like to have much on the lips its perfect for them. This shade needs good two coats to show up and will suit light to medium skin tones.




Nairobi Camellia is one gorgeous mauve-y pink. I am a sucker of mauve lipsticks. To me, it’s my perfect go-to shade and my favourite out of the three. The pigmentation is amazing in it. Just one swipe and you are good to go. I feel every skin tone can rock such feminine gorgeous mauve! 


Tahiti Hibiscus is for ones who like it BOLD! It is a gorgeous deep maroon red! (Fact: I hate red lipsticks, I don’t feel good in them, and don’t like it on me) I picked this for my aunt and she loves it. Again, the pigmentation is brilliant in this one and it is one universal shade which is gonna look on every skin tone.




Overall, I love these lipsticks. They are one of the best and most comfortable lipsticks in Indian market. The price is great; the quality is amazing and a shade range for every mood! If you want to see me swatching these live, hop onto my Instagram handle ( Gleamandglitters). I am definitely picking up more shades from the range and I highly recommend it to everyone who loves a good matte lip.


UNTIL NEXT TIME,



LOVE.

9 comments:

  1. Loved Nairobi and Tahiti!!! Awesome post dear. Noting these two shades to pick when I visit TBS. 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I so wanna try the nairobi camellia. So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes super pretty, and its gonna look great on you too!

      Delete
  3. Just loved your review Surabhi.I am surely going to buy them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg all are pretty!! Will be difficult to choose from!! The price is good too

    ReplyDelete